They call it “Big Sky Country” – a sparsely
populated land of wide open spaces in the east and
mountains in the west.
Glacier National Park, on the
Canadian border, is still home to a large population
of grizzly bears and spectacular mountain scenery.
Top tips for your stay in the West of America
- The Grand Canyon drives are breathtaking,
especially the West Rim Drive or South Rim.
- The South Rim at Grand Canyon is busiest in
summer. Make sure you book at least six
months in advance. Consider staying outside
the Canyon at Flagstaff – just an hour away.
- Get out into the desert on one of the many
excursions available locally and see the giant
cactii close up!
- Enjoy an exhilarating boat trip down the
- Stay overnight at the Grand Canyon West
Ranch in either a cabin or teepee.