08444 937 531
Bagan to Mandalay 7 nights
Day 1 Bagan: Morning transfer to the RV Kalaw Pandaw, a beautifully handcrafted intimate vessel, for embarkation and lunch, followed by a chance to explore, either by bicycle or coach, a selection of the 3,000 plus monuments in Bagan.
Day 2 Bagan: The ship remains in Bagan allowing the opportunity to further explore one of the richest archaeological sites in the world. A visit will also be made to a lacquer workshop.
Day 3 Pakokku: Stop at Pakokku, a quiet and traditional country town. Climb aboard a tuk tuk to explore the town centre before taking a relaxed stroll through the market.
Day 4 Yandabo: This morning walk through Yandabo village, famous for its terracotta pottery made from the riverbank clay with time to also visit the Pandaw School. In the afternoon cruise north towards Mandalay.
Day 5 Ava: Arrive in Mandalay early for a morning excursion to Ava and Amarapura to view the magnificent wooden Bagaya Monastery and the U Bein Bridge, the world’s longest teak wood bridge. This evening walk in the picturesque Sagaing Hills, an important religious centre where many hermitages and nunneries nestle amongst the green hills.
Day 6 Mingun: This morning take a stroll around Mingun, home to the monumental, but incomplete, Mingun Pagoda. This afternoon cruise up river to Kyauk-myoung with its amazing pot villages.
Day 7 Mandalay: Enjoy sightseeing in central Mandalay with visits to the palace and hill areas, craft workshops and also time for shopping.
Day 8 Mandalay: Morning disembarkation where your tour concludes.
Pandaw Cruises RV Kalaw
• The colonial RV Kalaw Pandaw has 18 identical staterooms with air-conditioning, en suite shower, safe and French window (there are no televsiions, mini bars or telephones in the staterooms).
• The ship has a shallow draft enabling it to navigate the most northern parts of the Irrawaddy River.
• Complimentary local soft drinks, local beer and spirits, tea/coffee and mineral water on board.
• Features include promenade decks, open-air lounge, library and dining room with indoor/outdoor seating.
• All shore excursions and crew tips.
7 nights river cruise from £1149pp
08444 937 531
Save and see all the 'wow' sights at a lower price than other ships offer on shorter cruises. Excursions, full board and local drinks all included too