Canada offers some of the world's greatest rail journeys on some of the world's most famous and historic trains. So why not let the train take the strain whilst you sit back in comfort and enjoy the scenery of this enthralling country.
So, whether it's a short journey between cities or a longer journey across Canada, we can help you make your travel arrangements before you leave. The possibilities are endless.
- Ever-changing scenery
- Relaxing way to travel
- Epic journeys
- Travel in comfort
- Choice of onboard service
- Memorable experience
Why visit Rail Journeys?
Rail Company Information
The privately owned Rocky Mountaineer offers an unforgettable rail experience through Canada's mountainous western provinces. With four distinctive rail routes through British Columbia and Alberta, the luxury train travels by daylight and is the best way to experience the majestic Rockies.
WHAT'S ON BOARD?
There are two service options on board Rocky Mountaineer, SilverLeaf or GoldLeaf and, whichever you choose, you will be spoiled. There are no sleeper cars, instead guests are transported to comfortable hotel accommodations. Melt back into your luxurious seat and gasp at the stunning views of the pristine wilderness through the oversized windows; enjoy complimentary beverages and snacks throughout the journey; and feast on delicious gourmet meals. See below for further details on what you can expect from SilverLeaf and GoldLeaf service.
SilverLeaf service includes
- A single-level dome coach with oversized windows
- Regionally inspired meals served seat-side
- Complimentary beverages (alcoholic & non-alcoholic) and gourmet snacks
- Assigned seating in fully reclining daynighter seats
- Extended legroom
- Temperature controlled comfort
- Toilets in each coach
- Complimentary baggage delivery to your hotel
GoldLeaf service is highly recommended and also includes
- A bi-level domed railcar offering panoramic views of the mountains from full length dome windows
- Reclining dome level seats with extended leg room in the upper level
- Gourmet meals served in a lower level dining room
- Exclusive outdoor viewing platform
- Premium room categories at hotels
Canada’s flag carrying transport service, operating over 460 trains per week over a 7,700 mile network linking more than 450 locations in Canada.
WHAT'S ON BOARD?
For many of VIA Rail’s routes two classes of travel are usually available - economy and business. Economy passengers receive free WiFi, and can purchase a selection of light meals, snacks and beverages. Some routes include seat assignment. Upgrading to business class is highly recommended and includes access to business lounges, priority early boarding, a selection of complimentary newspapers, pre-meal drinks before enjoying a choice of main entrées, wine with your meal and coffee with liqueur (offered on evening trains).
On VIA Rail sleeping cars, passengers enjoy a reserved seating area for daytime travel, which is made into sleeping berths by an attendant in the evening. A shower room and toilet facilities are located in each car in tarns-continental cars only. Three types of
accommodation are offered:-
Berth Class/Section (Upper/Lower) offers deep-cushioned seats, with an optional table by day, that convert to upper and lower beds with privacy curtain at night. Toilet and shower facilities are shared. Complimentary shower kits, including soap, shampoo, shower cap, towel and washcloth are provided.
Cabin for one is a small private room with a sink and air-conditioning. Access to shared showers with complimentary shower kits. The room accommodates one adult in a single bed and two can sit together at least part of the time during the day if desired. Two people travelling together in roomettes are usually located adjacent to each other.
Cabin for two is a private room for two people with toilet facilities and air-conditioning. The room contains comfortable armchairs in the daytime, which convert to upper and lower beds at night. There is a small cupboard (holds one large and one small suitcase), reading lamp and a sink with razor outlet. Shower rooms are nearby.
VIA Rail routes
Offering 19 routes from coast-to-coast, VIA Rail is a wonderful way to explore Canada’s vast and diverse landscape.
- VIA Rail could be your picture window to the spectacular mountain scenery of Alberta and northern British Columbia.
- Board “The Canadian”, VIA’s flagship train, which travels across the Northern Ontario lakelands, the wide open prairies and the Canadian Rockies from Toronto to Vancouver.
- Make your way across Manitoba’s frozen tundra to Churchill for an unparalleled polar bear experience.
- Take in beautiful riverside scenery as you journey along the St Lawrence River and uncover the splendour of the Maritimes.
- Travel along the central Canadian Corridor with downtown to downtown links between some of Eastern Canada’s main cities from Québec City to Windsor