Duration: 7 nights independent tour
Price from: £625pp
Solo traveller price from: £625
Day 1 Mainland UK/Guernsey: Travel by air or sea to Guernsey. On arrival make your way to your hotel. If time allows, enjoy a leisurely stroll around St Peter Port, where you’ll find no end of welcoming restaurants and informal cafes which spill out onto vibrant squares.
Days 2-7 Guernsey: During your week long tour you are free to explore and sightsee as you choose. To help get your bearings a half day guided island tour is included, along with two separate day trips to Sark and Herm, two magical islands full of charm and beautiful scenery.
On Guernsey itself some of the top attractions you may wish to visit are Castle Cornet; Candie Gardens; Hauteville House, which was the home of Victor Hugo during his exile here; the rather cute Little Chapel and the fascinating German Military Underground Hospital and German Occupation Museum, for all things WW2.
No visit to Guernsey would be complete without an amble along the rugged south coast cliff paths or the long sweeping bays of the west. Alternatively, hire a bike and pedal along the narrow country lanes of the scenic interior.
Include time to sit back on a glorious beach enjoying the sand between your toes, or if the urge to be more active strikes, a variety of watersports are available.
If in need of some retail therapy, the cobbled streets of St Peter Port feature well-known UK brand names, local boutiques and craft shops.
Across the island are an array of restaurants, cafes and bistros showcasing the best of local cuisine, so there’s no danger of you going hungry.
Day 8 Guernsey/Mainland UK: Enjoy last minute shopping or sightseeing, before you return to the airport for your onward journey.
* Return travel by sea as a foot passenger from Poole or by air from Birmingham, Bristol, East Midlands, Exeter, Gatwick, Leeds/Bradford, Manchester, Newquay or Stansted. Other airports are available at a supplement. Prices are also available for travel by sea with your own car.
* 7 nights hotel accommodation at Pandora, La Villette, Duke of Richmond or Old Government House with daily breakfast (twin price based on two people sharing a twin or double room; solo price based on one person in a single room for 2 & 3* hotels or sole occupancy room for 4 & 5* hotels).
* Half day guided Island Tour with pick up/ drop off from your hotel (Sun & Wed only).
* Day trip to Herm, including return boat travel and lunch at the Mermaid Tavern.
* Day trip to Sark, including return boat travel and lunch at The Island Hall.
Car hire is available at a supplement, however each of our selected hotels is centrally situated with access to bus routes ensuring you can easily discover the island's charms. Transfers to/from port are not included for day trips. We have used the most competitive airfare, however, as prices fluctuate supplements may apply.