Top 5 Beaches in
The spectacular island of Mauritius in the Indian Ocean fulfils every dream of a tropical escape with turquoise seas, verdant forests, volcanic hills, sparkling lagoons and of course, more than its fair share of white sand beaches.
Can't decide which to choose? Here are our top 5 favourites.
- Belle Mare - The east coast is famous for its irresistible stretch of pristine beaches, none more so than Belle Mare whose white powdery sands are fringed on one side by shady casuarina trees and edged by the lagoon on the other.
- Flic En Flac - On the other side of the island, Flic en Flac is another popular draw with its 8km of white sands, water sports and amenities. Located on the west coast, this is THE place in Mauritius to watch the sun set.
- Turtle Bay - Turtle Bay on the northwest has an idyllic white sand beach surrounded by a coral reef which is home to turtles and numerous brightly coloured fish. Perfect for snorkelling and diving.
- Bel Ombre - Located on the southwest of the island, this area is Mauritius at its authentic best. Here, glorious sandy beaches rest in the shade of coconut trees and mountain foothills.
- Grand Gaube - The village of Grand Gaube on the north coast of Mauritius boasts small bays and rocky headlands forming a stunning coastline that is well worth a visit.
Our Top Mauritius Offers
from £1749 pp
Save up to £621
Prices are per person and based on 2 adults sharing. Prices are valid for travel on selected dates and include return flights from Heathrow, accommodation throughout.
Subject to availability. Terms and conditions apply. ATOL protected 2713.