Full details of cover will be sent with your holiday confirmation/invoice
or you can download our INSURANCE POLICY below.
Demands and needs
This travel insurance policy will suit the demands and needs of an individual, or group (where applicable) who have no excluded pre-existing medical conditions, are travelling to countries included within the policy terms and who wish to insure themselves against the unforeseen events detailed in the cover section below. Subject to terms and conditions and maximum specified claims limits.
Important: We will not provide you with advice about the suitability of this product for your individual needs but we will be happy to provide you with factual information.
Important information about our Travel Insurance
We are an Appointed Representative of Holiday Extras. Holiday Extras are Authorised and Regulated by the FCA. The policy is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc.
Policy Document - The policy wording gives you full details of what is and what is not covered and what to do if you need to claim. There is a variety of insurance policies providing different levels of cover to enable you to select the one, which is most appropriate for you. It is very important that you read the whole policy before you travel and make sure the cover is suitable for you. Please make sure that you take it on holiday with you in case of an emergency. A copy of each policy wording is available to download on our website.
Summary of cover - The following is only a summary of the main cover limits and you should read the policy document for the full terms and conditions. All details correct as at date of print but subject to change without notice.
(for travel in the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man)
|Maximum sum insured||Excess||Maximum sum insured||Excess||Maximum sum insured||Excess||Maximum sum insured||Excess||Maximum sum insured||Excess|
|Cancellation or curtailment charges||£1,000||£150||£1,000||£150||£2,500||£100||£5,000||£50||£5,000 or as stated on schedule||Nil|
|Emergency medical and other expenses||£2,000 (within your home country
£5,000,000 (outside your home country)
|Nil - £150||£5,000,000||Nil - £150||£10,000,000||Nil - £100||10,000,000||Nil - £50||£10,000,000||Nil|
|Hospital benefit||£30 for every 24 hours/max £600||Nil||£30 for every 24 hours/max £600||Nil||£40 for every 24 hours/ max £800||Nil||£50 for every 24 hours/ max £1,000||Nil||£75 for every 24 hours/ max £1,500||Nil|
|Baggage||£500||Nil - £150||£500||Nil - £150||£1,500||Nil - £100||£2,000||Nil - £50||£2,000||Nil|
|Personal Money, Passport and Documents||£300||Nil - £150||£300||Nil - £150||£350||Nil - £100||£400||Nil - £50||£500||Nil|
|Delayed departure||£25 for each full 8 hour delay up to £150||Nil||£25 for each full 12 hour delay up to £150||Nil||£35 for each full 12 hour delay up to £350||Nil||£50 for each full 12 hour delay up to £500||Nil||£100 for each full 12 hour delay up to £800||Nil|
|Pet care||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil||£50 for each 24 hrs/max £500||Nil||£50 for each 24 hrs/max £500||Nil|
|Hijack and Mugging||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil||£50 per day/max £750||Nil||£100 per day/max £1,000||Nil||£100 per day/max £1,000||Nil|
|Scheduled Airline Failure||£750||N/A||£750||N/A||£1,500||N/A||£2,500||N/A||£2,500||N/A|
Policy Limits - Each section of the policy shows the most you can claim but other limits may apply. For example under the Baggage Section there are other specific limits for any one item and for valuables (including photographic equipment). If you intend to take expensive items with you please check that you are fully covered. It is important that you select a policy, which provides cover for the entire cost of your holiday. The cancellation limits shown above are per person. If you are travelling within the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man and your holiday value is more than £1,000 per person, you will need to select the Silver policy or higher. However, you should be aware that, in this case, you will need to comply with the medical exclusions applicable to the Silver policy and higher.
Conditions and exclusions - Your policy does not cover all possible events and expenses. There are conditions and exclusions that apply to individual sections of the policy and general conditions and exclusions that apply to the whole policy.
Every traveller to be covered by the policy must:
- be a resident of the UK, Channel Islands or British Forces Posted Overseas (BFPO).
- start and end their trip in the UK, Channel Islands or BFPO and not have already started their trip.
- take all possible care to safeguard against accident, injury, loss or damage, as if you had no insurance cover.
- not be travelling specifically to receive medical treatment during your trip or in the knowledge that you are likely to need treatment.
- not be travelling against the advice of your doctor or a medical professional such as your dentist.
Health declaration and exclusions - These apply to the Cancellation or curtailment charges, Emergency medical and other expenses and Personal accident sections. It is very important that you read and understand the following and if necessary declare any existing medical conditions to the medical screening service on 0800 781 4086.
If you are travelling within the United Kingdom, Channel Islands or Isle of Man, and require the Bronze UK policy please be aware that this policy is not suitable if you or anyone named on this policy:
- is aware that the health of a close relative who is not travelling, a business associate, a travelling companion or someone you are going to stay
- with is likely to deteriorate and may prevent you from taking your trip;
- is not fit to travel and undertake the planned trip anyway;
- if you or anyone named on this policy have started their trip before purchasing this insurace;
- is travelling with the purpose of having medical treatment or consultation;
- is awaiting the outcome of any medical tests or an appointment at a medical facility for any medical investigations.
If you are travelling to any destination outside the United Kingdom, Channel Islands or Isle of Man OR are travelling within the United Kingdom, Channel Islands or Isle of Man AND require a Silver policy or higher, the policy will not be suitable if you answer “yes” to any of the below questions:
Have you or anyone named on this policy ever been diagnosed or received treatment for:
- any type of heart or circulatory condition;
- any type of stroke or high blood pressure;
- any type of breathing condition (such as Asthma);
- any type of cancer (even if now in remission);
- any type of diabetes?
- any type of bowel condition or disease (such as IBS)?
- Has your doctor altered your regular prescribed medication in the last 3 months?
- In the last 2 years have you, or anyone who is insured under this policy, been treated for a medical condition which has been deemed or referred to as a serious or re-occuring medical condition, been asked to take regular prescribed medication, or referred to a specialist or consultant at a hospital for tests, diagnosis or treatment?
- Are you, or anyone who is insured under this policy, waiting for any tests, treatment or a non-routine hospital appointment?
If you answer “yes” to any of the above questions, you should call Holiday Extras on 0800 781 4086 quoting ABTA V0762 and you will be guided through the process of obtaining cover for your medical conditions.
Accepted medical conditions - If you have one (and only one) medical condition and it is listed below, there is no need to declare it. Should you need to make a claim arising from that condition, your doctor must confirm in writing the date of diagnosis, that the condition was stable prior to travel and that there was no foreseeable reason why you should need to claim on this policy:
- Acid reflux
- Diabetes Type 2 only (if well controlled without any hospital admissions in the last 12 months or any associated conditions e.g. eye conditions, kidney problems or peripheral vascular disease)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Varicose veins
Relevant facts - You must tell the insurer all relevant facts. A relevant fact is one that is likely to influence them in accepting your insurance. This could be the state of health of a close relative whose health may cause you to cancel or curtail your trip. If you are in any doubt as to whether a fact is relevant, you should tell the insurer. If you do not do so, this may result in a claim being invalid.
Cancellation rights - If your cover does not meet your requirements, please return the documentation within 14 days of receipt and your premium will be refunded in full unless you have travelled, made a claim or intend to make a claim. Please not that your cancellation rights are no longer valid after this initial 14 day period.
Making a complaint - The policy contains a complaint procedure which tells you what steps you can take if you wish to make a complaint.
Governing Law - Unless agreed otherwise, English law will apply and all communications and documentation in relation to this policy will be in English.
Premier Holidays is an Appointed Representative of Holiday Extras Ltd., who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).