New Mexico is often mistaken for being a foreign
country and it could be! It has its own language,
cuisine and culture – a result of its fascinating
history and its Native American and Spanish past.
Visit sophisticated Santa Fe with its Spanish
ambience or “arty” Taos at the base of the Sangre
de Christo Mountains or drink in the rich heritage
and culture of Albequerque.
Top tips for your stay in the West of America
- The Grand Canyon drives are breathtaking,
especially the West Rim Drive or South Rim.
- The South Rim at Grand Canyon is busiest in
summer. Make sure you book at least six
months in advance. Consider staying outside
the Canyon at Flagstaff – just an hour away.
- Get out into the desert on one of the many
excursions available locally and see the giant
cactii close up!
- Enjoy an exhilarating boat trip down the
- Stay overnight at the Grand Canyon West
Ranch in either a cabin or teepee.