Wyoming is about its two celebrated national
parks. Yellowstone in the north with its waterfalls
and geysers (Old Faithful being the most famous
of these) and Grand Teton National Park with the
historic town of Jackson, which looks like a
western film set, as its main gateway. Wild West
fans should not miss out on a visit to Buffalo Bill’s
Historical Centre in Cody.
Top tips for your stay in the West of America
- The Grand Canyon drives are breathtaking,
especially the West Rim Drive or South Rim.
- The South Rim at Grand Canyon is busiest in
summer. Make sure you book at least six
months in advance. Consider staying outside
the Canyon at Flagstaff – just an hour away.
- Get out into the desert on one of the many
excursions available locally and see the giant
cactii close up!
- Enjoy an exhilarating boat trip down the
- Stay overnight at the Grand Canyon West
Ranch in either a cabin or teepee.